Hello Parents and Caregivers,
I am excited to be sending this to you today. It has been challenging, to say the least, figuring out how to safely continue offering opportunities to worship together. On Sunday, November 22nd at 10am, our desire is to offer Junior Church to children ages 4-10. Because of the overwhelming amount of protocol for parents as well as volunteers, our Nursery will remain closed at this time.
The protocol for our Junior Church will follow closely to that of the schools, so I am sure this will be second nature to the children by now!
Here are the steps to ensure their safety while in the church:
- Children will enter with their caregivers at the front door where everyone will be required to wear a mask, sanitize their hands and be signed in. Children will be assigned a number.
- Parents will then enter the sanctuary and children will go directly into Herrington Hall to meet their leaders.
- In Herrington Hall, children will find mats placed 2 meters apart. This will be their spot for the duration of Junior Church. Each child will have individual containers, labelled with their names, for all the craft supplies that they will need for the morning. Any individually wrapped treats will be found in the containers as well.
- The children will use the washroom in the nursery hall.
- If there is a problem, staff in the Sound Room will put the number of the child on the screen at the front of the sanctuary so the caregiver can come and address the needs of their child.
- All of the mats and containers will be sanitized during the week.
If you and your children would like to participate, please contact me [email protected] or 519-733-4144 so I can label a container ahead of time, prepare a place for your child/ren and send you the necessary registration forms. And as always, please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
We would love to see your children join us for worship. While I realize we are still not all together, it is wonderful to consider this step forward toward a time when we can finally sing and worship as one voice!