Dear Kingsville First Baptist Church Family,
We will be opening for sharing worship services in the sanctuary this coming Sunday, July 5, 2020. Service will begin at 10:00 a.m.
If you decide to remain at home, Pastor Jim’s service will be provided in the same manner as in the last 3 months (click here to read the sermon for 7 July 2020).
The following guidelines are being instituted for the safety of all who will be attending worship services at First Baptist Church Kingsville.
- Refrain from attending if you or anyone you are in close physical contact with feels unwell, have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Refrain from attending if you have travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days.
- Refrain from attending if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Refrain from attending if you are waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Due to a heightened risk posed by COVID-19 to older attendees and those who are immune-compromised, for your safety we recommend you do not attend in person at this time. Worship services will continue to be available on our web page or delivered to you in writing.
- Our Sunday worship service will begin at 10:00 a.m. Church doors open at 9:45 a.m.
- We hope to be as “touchless” as possible so refrain from hugs and handshakes and require that physical distancing is maintained.
- Entry will be by the front door only – the one on Division St. The first 3 parking spots closest to the front door will be reserved for those requiring a handicap space.
- All individuals entering the building will be required to wear a face mask. Children under the age of 2 will not be required to wear a mask.
- All individuals entering will be required to use the provided hand sanitizer at the door.
- Be sure the attendance taker records your presence.
- If you are attending with children, you are asked to keep them with you at all times. There will be NO NURSERY or NO JUNIOR CHURCH. Pick up an activity package from the table at the base of the stairs.
- If it is communion Sunday, please pick up your elements from the table at the base of the stairs.
- Go up the stairs to the middle doors where an usher will lead you to your seat. We will be filling the sanctuary from the front to the back being sure physical distancing is maintained.
- Once seated, please remain there during the entire service.
- Instead of passing the offering plates, place your tithes and offerings in the offering plates at the door as you leave the sanctuary at the end of service. You may still use PARS, Tithely, or e-transfers (click here for more information).
- At the end of service remain seated until the usher instructs you to leave, being sure to leave 6 feet space between you and those exiting ahead of you.
- Use the washrooms only if necessary. Washroom use will be restricted to 1 person at a time.
- Should you have an infant needing a diaper change, a change table has been set up in the ladies’ washroom for your use.
- Do not go into any roped-off areas.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we seek to follow the Provincial recommendations for a safe opening.
Chair of the Board
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH KINGSVILLE